Sunday, October 4, 2009

what a day

I think I had a pretty good day. I didn't get a workout in, but I was on my feet almost all day today!! The baby party for my sis in law went really well today and she may be giving birth tonight or early tomorrow!! I tried to be really good on what I ate, but did eat some things that weren't on my diet!! I did eat a little slice of the marble cheesecake that I made...it was pretty good. I have some left in the fridge that I have to throw out tomorrow. Steve left a good comment on my last post...how bad do I want that scale to go down? I know now I want it bad enough to throw away the rest of the cheesecake in my fridge. No one else in my house eats it, so I know if it's here, I'll eat it!!

I'm getting up at 5am tomorrow morning when my husband gets up to go hunting to get a workout in before the kids wake up. Then I will have pilates class tomorrow night, so I will hopefully work off what I ate today. I have a weigh in on Tuesday with one competition a'nd a weigh in on Friday with my second competition that just started. I want to lose another pound by Tuesday's weigh in to get a solid 10 pound loss and at least 2 more by Friday's weigh in. I know I am going to have to step up my workout this week. I've been slacking a little bit, but I'm going to workout at least 30 minutes a day, at least 6 days this week!! So...I'll let you know how tomorrow goes. I'm afraid to step on the scale tomorrow!!! lol

2 comments:

  1. Great job Risa!!! You have told yourself what is important to you. Remember it is not a diet, but a lifestyle change. A diet seems so temporary. This is a new way of looking at food for a lifetime. Yes, you are restricting yourself to achieve the weight loss, but the way you look at food and the choices you make need to change if you ever want a permanent change. Keep up the positive progress.
    Don't get discouraged if the results on Tuesday are not what you wanted. Just review the negatives and vow to change them by the next weigh in.
    It is not a failure as long as you learn something from it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Risa. It sounds like you are determined, and that is the first step. With determination and consistency, anything is possible. Food is fuel, and there should not be any guilt attached with the food you ate, even if you eat a little of something you would not consider to be on your 'way of eating' list. The key is eating real, live, healthy food for the majority of the time and drinking small lakes. I know a lot of people on WLW talk about how good their exercise is, but how 'bad' their eating is. It's a matter of feeding your body the nutrients it requires first. And then it's the combination of mind/body being in the zone. You're on the right road. I have every faith that you will succeed. Keep up the awesome work. :o)

    ReplyDelete