Saturday, October 10, 2009

What a beautiful fall day!!

It is so beautiful out!! It rained last night and so my yard is nice and muddy, but it is literally to perfect fall day! The sun is shining, it is a little nippy out and the leaves are turning color! I have had a really good day so far today!

I worked at Curves this morning and so I got my workout in early today. I worked the machines as hard as I could and think I did really good today! My nutrition today has been on point. I just had dinner, a nice salad with some taco meat and black beans, with homemade salsa instead of salad dressing. It was so good!! I took the kids to mom's to help clean out her basement after work, but they were pretty much done by the time I got there! So I helped with some outside stuff and the kids were having a ball running through the woods and finding worms to feed the chickens! I took them to my sister's house to play with their cousins after that, got home at 4 and they are both still sleeping. I really need to wake them up, but I am enjoying the quiet! My husband is hunting, so it is just so peaceful in here! I should be unstairs quilting my customer quilt instead of on here!! lol

My weight was down to 244 pounds this morning!! I am finally back down to that from last Sunday! I was so surprised and happy this morning when I weighed myself! Now if only that was what the scale said yesterday for my weigh in! lol But I learned my lesson! It took me a week to lose the 4 pounds I had gained from this past Sunday and Monday and that was 4 pound that could have gotten me to 240 instead of back to 244!!! So, no more of that!

We have lunch every Sunday at Mom and Dad's after church and we each bring a part of the lunch, so you never really know what the sides are. We usually tell each other what the main dish is. So, I need to just start taking my own lunch when I am not in charge of main dish. I have it tomorrow and I am making tacos with turkey burger....which I need to go get out of the freezer!! I am going to have a salad with lots of veggies, a little bit of meat and beans and NO shells, tortillas or tortilla chips!! There is going to be guacamole there...so I have to go look up the stats for that!! I love guac!!

I have been keeping a food journal since I have started back onto the Curves Weight Management Program. It sucks, but it does give me a good look at what I am eating and my calorie, protein, fat and carb count!! I am going to start counting the fiber grams too. So my goals for the upcoming week are:

Workout 6 days a week for 45 minutes
Eat correctly every day
Pick out my meals the night before
Keep my food journal up to date daily!!
Move more
Lose 3-4 pounds (would love to be out of 240s by next Saturday!!)
Find a workout program to stick to

2 comments:

  1. Very god day for you Marisa. I like that you set yourself goals for this week. I will be looking for a report at the end of the week on your how well you did for the week.

    I am putting together those DVD's and should go out on tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

    Just remember that if you can't exercise, to just keep moving. I tried a step counter for a while. I tried to get 10,000 steps a day. Simple things burn calories, just keep moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marisa....awesome week. You know, the scale is just one way to measure success. My scale isn't going very far these days, but my body IS changing. My clothes are all so loose, it's incredible. If you consistently do the right things, you will lose weight and be healthier...The scale WILL catch up.

    Great goals!

    ReplyDelete