Tuesday, October 6, 2009

nutrition plan

Since Steve asked what my nutrition plan is I guess I'll tell! I am following the Curves Weight Management Plan. Curves, in case you don't know, is a women's gym that specializes in circuit training that can be done in 30 minutes. It is a great workout. They had a diet plan that was called 'the 6 week solution,' which was a 6 week diet that you follow and then just cycle through it again and again until you reach your goal weight. I had lost 20 pounds of that program, but if you go off of it, then you gain it back, which is what happened to me. I was tired of counting calories, carbs, protein and fat for every meal. It got tiring and boring. The new plan, the Weight Management Plan, is a lifestyle change. It is not a diet, but a way to eat for the rest of your life. When I did it the first time, I lost about 15 pounds. I do the high protein version (there is also a high carb version, depending on the results of the test in the book) and it really does work. I haven't been following it too closely lately, but I think I need to start to really follow it. I like it because I don't have to count calories, carbs, fat and protein. All the meals or snack options given have the right amount of each thing in them, so I don't have to count them. It's great for someone who hates doing all that counting!!

It is done in three phases. Phase 1 is done for one week, and it is a 1200 calories a day. Phase 2 is done for 4 weeks and it is 1500 calories. Then Phase 3 is a maintainance phase done for 2 - 4 weeks at 2000 calories. When on Phase 3 and you notice a 2 - 3 pound weight increase, you are to go to Phase 1 for a few days to lose those pounds. So, then if you have more weight to lose...then you cycle back through Phase 2 and 3 until you reach your goal weight. I know it sounds confusing, but it is a really good system. Plus the food is stuff you eat anyway...just lower calorie/fat/carb versions. My husband has eaten the meals and he likes them too.

I hate keeping a food journal too. I know how great it is and I try to write it all down, but I never keep it going! I think that keeping a consistent food journal will be my goal for this my competitions I am in now. If I can keep one for 3 months, then it should become a habit and not have any issues with it.

So, tomorrow I am going to start Phase 1 again, and really stick to it this time and keep a food journal. Well, my 3 year old son wants to go for a walk, so I'm going to go put my sneakers on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment