Monday, October 12, 2009

had a good weekend!

I had a pretty good weekend with my eating! Saturday was easy but Sunday is usually a little harder! I did really well with my eating on Sunday and am very proud of myself! I am doing really well today too! I got on the scale this morning and it was down another 2 pounds!! I just hope it says the same thing or less tomorrow for the weigh in!! My clothes are feeling a litte looser and I know I am losing inches. Pilates has been helping alot with that! I did my 30 minute circuit training this morning and I have pilates class tonight. The hubby is out hunting, so I am taking the kids to the in-laws when I go to class and the hubby will pick them up after it gets dark. I hope he gets a deer. Venison tastes soooo good and a very lean meat!

I am keeping my food journal and I hate doing it but it is a really good tool. If I add up the counts after lunch, I see where I am at and can adjust my dinner to include whatever calorie count I need. Like I am at 900 calories already today, so I only have 300 calories for dinner. So, it looks like a salad with chicken or tuna on it for dinner! I don't eat dinner until after class, so that will be around 8pm tonight. I am making my husband his favorite meal tonight, a taco skillet with chicken, brown rice, corn, salsa, chicken stock and cheese. It is a pretty healthy meal, but I don't have the calorie allowance to eat that tonight. It's about 400 calories a serving, which is pretty good, but it's too much! I did go over on my calorie count yesterday by about 800...so gotta keep it on point today!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I see you found the compass and got back on course. I like that you are commiting to the food journal. It is an eye opener some times. 800 extra cals? How much of a deficit does your plan have you in? 500? 700? Just remember that 3500 calories is a pound whether you burn it or eat it.
    Great job!! I am looking for good week from you this week NO EXCUSES!! You have all the tools.

    C-Ya tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. phase one - week one 1200 calories phase two - 1500 calories for 24 days then phase three - is 2000 - 2500 for recovery for 2 - 4 weeks - it's done this way to help build up the metabolism so I will be able to maintain my wieght eatign 2000 - 2500 calories. Then you cycle through it again until you meet your goal weight. Only I think I am going to keep on phase two of 1500 calories until I hit a plateau and then go back down to 1200 for a week. I have done this before and it does work. I did know that 3500 calories does equal a pound. I know what to do, I can tell anyone what to do to lose weight and about nutrition, but it is hard to do it myself!! I took a few nutrition classes 2 years ago as electives in college. I just have to use all my knowledge to help me lose this weight!! I hope I make myself and you proud this week!!

    ReplyDelete