Friday, October 2, 2009

a little concerned about the weekend

Ok, so I know I already posted today, but I have some concerns and need to get them out. I am hosting a baby party for my sister in law. Basically we are just getting together for lunch and presents..no games or any of that stuff. It is her second child, but her first son is 7 1/2 years old, so we thought it would be ok to have a baby party for her. It is a total surprise and she has absolutely no clue. The problem is that her due date is the 8th and she's been having contractions for a week now. So, she better hold him in until at least Sunday afternoon, after the baby party or we are sooooo screwed!!!

Soooo the problem is that the food we are going to have isn't the healthiest!! My sister and I are doing this and we are getting fried chicken from Giant, then she's making baked macs n cheese, veggie tray and chips. My mom is bringing parsley potatoes and my other sis in law is bringing cheesy potatos. I am making buffalo chicken dip, angel food cake, marble cheesecake and monkey bread. So not good!!!!! I'll make myself a salad with the veggie tray and lettuce that I have, but everthing else is soooooo off limits!!! I love all the desserts I'm making and the fried chicken is to die for...potatoes I can live without so that won't be an issue! I'm going to have to do extra workouts on Saturday and then Sunday night to burn off anything that I will eat!! I know I'll be having some cheesecake!!! I just know I have a weigh in on Tuesday and that will be the day all the extra calories I would eat, would show up on the scale. So, I'm going to try to be good...really try to be good!!!

I want to be down another p0und by tuesday, to make it a nice 10 pound loss for the first 3 weeks of my one competition. I want to be out of the 240s by the weigh in after that...I know 4 pounds a week is a lot to work for and I will have to really work for it, but I really want it!! REALLY WANT IT!!! I am ready to be out of the 240s, so I can work on getting out of the 230s and so on. If anyone is reading this, one thing you should know is that I can ramble a bit. I have been a journal keeper for years and I usually write a lot when I do write and this is such a great way for me to record my journey, my successes, frustrations, goals and asperations. I do tend to ramble!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. You have to ask yourself how bad do you want that pound. More than the cheesecake? I would suggest eating a healthy meal before you go so you will feel full at the party. The other option is to make of buy a smoothie or meal replacement shake. If people ask tell them what your goal is, but don't let them sway you. I just got over my sons B-day and I gained close to 5 lbs back over last weekend. It snowballs. Don't take a step backwards. Try lower glcemic foods apples, oatmeal, they keep you feeling full longer. I just joined the Happy New You challenge so I am sure I will see more of you.
    Make the right choices and Best of luck to you.

    Steve-

    ReplyDelete