Wednesday, October 7, 2009

ahh...so sore...so good

I am so sore today!!! It's a good thing! I did an hour DVD workout yesterday morning that was great. Then around 5pm last night my son wanted to go for a walk and he didn't want the stroller, but the wagon. So, I walked around town for an hour yesterday pulling two 35 pound kids in a wagon. Can you say sore arms!?! I felt it all in my triceps, biceps, the back of my thighs and my tushie!! There was a few hills that I wasn't sure if I was going to make it up, but I did it. It is soooo much easier pushing them in the double stroller!! lol

I got up this morning and did my balance ball DVD that is 45 minutes long. It is a pretty good core workout. It took a little longer because both my kids woke up while I was doing it and had to stop a few times for drinks and bathroom breaks. (The 3 year old is newly potty trained! :) But I got it done, even with a few distractions and I feel so much better!

I weighed myself this morning..I know I shouldn't be doing this everyday, but I can't help it. I think I am getting a little OCD about it all! Anyway, I am down a pound!!! I cannot believe it. I started following my Curves Weight Management Plan today and so far, so good. I have to go decide what I'm making for lunch, dinner and afternoon snack, so I am prepared. I think that is what I'm going to start doing in the evenings...picking my meals for the next day. That way I know what I am going to eat and not have to agonize over it! I will have the time to look and not be rushed. I think that's a good idea!! The good thing is that the hubby will eat the Curves meals too...I just have to make more or something extra for him. I just have to go find my food journal and start writing in that again. It's such a pain, but I know it's a good weight loss tool.

I have church tonight and we are cooking with the girls, so I need to find a healthy recipe for them to prepare. It's purely selfish on my part! I want to teach them how to cook healthy meals, but I also don't want to be tempted by food that isn't apart of my food plan. I don't think I can afford another slip up.

You know, people say they don't enter these competitions for the money. They enter it to compete, have support, support other people or to have someone hold them responsible for their weight loss. It is usually a motivator if you have someone you have to check in with...like the weigh ins. I can honestly say that I am in it for all of that and for the money. Life is hard right now for my family. I am a stay at home mom of two toddlers and my husband got laid off in May and has been unemployed since then. I babysit to make some extra money and work at the local Curves on Saturdays, mainly so I don't have to pay for my membership, but that pays minimum wage. So we are living on unemployment and that is always lower than what was made at the job. We are struggling a little bit, but have great family support that will help if we but ask. As everyone knows, it's hard to ask for help...espcially financially! So, if I could place in any of these competitions, even if it's not first, it will help us!! I know the competitions last for months, but even at the end of 3 or 4 months, if I have a little extra money to show for all my efforts along with my weight loss, it would be great!!

I just checked into the HAPPY NEW YOU competition and I see that I am really going to need to step it up a lot!! I need to find a workout regimen that I can stick to and keep my nutrition plan on point. It will be hard for me and my sweet tooth, but I have to do it! I also have to start drinking the proper amount of water everyday! I know I don't drink all that I am supposed to, so that is another goal that I am starting today! Ok, I've rambled on long enough! :)

3 comments:

  1. ok, so I just noticed that it says I posted this at 7:03am, but it is 10:32am here on the East Coast! Can that be fixed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to dashboard- settings--Formatting---then go to time zone and check if its set for eastern time. That should fix the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Steve!! I was looking for the time zone thing and wasn't even near the right place to find it!! THANKS SO MUCH!!

    ReplyDelete