Tuesday, November 10, 2009

a bit disappointed

I did a great workout this morning, but my legs are killing me! I weighed in this morning for my Fit for the Fall competition and I haven't lost any weight. I haven't gained any weight either...but a bit disappointed and frustrated. It's ok, but not progressing like I thought I would be. I know it can't go like we want it to, but I thought I would be out of the 240s by now. Two months into this competition and about 4 weeks left to it and I have only lost 12 pounds. I know 12 pounds is a good accomplishment, but was hoping to be around 20 pounds lost by now. I am exercising everyday and loving it. So either I need to exercise more or it's my eating that I need to take a look at. I really hate keeping a food journal but may have to start it up again and really try to keep it going. blah!! I have to get this weight off of me! My husband wants to go to the beach in June now...(I'm not that big of a fan of the beach) and really do not want to be this size!! I know only I can change thing and to quit compaining and keep doing! Well, I'm doing it....only need to do it a little bit better!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Risa....you're doing great! Sometimes the body does plateaus until it's ready to release more weight. If you don't want to do a food journal, then dont (I don't...I think it causes you to think about food way too much...) but just make sure you feed your body the nutrients and nourishment it needs. Maybe you could consider getting The Gabriel Method. It's an awesome book. He is so inspiring. It WILL all come together. Just keep chipping away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would re look at your food intake. If you stayed the same then you have found your maintaining level. 500 to 1000 less and it will start coming off. Guaranteed. Take another good look at what you require. You may be over estimating. Trial and error is the name of the game. Try it for the rest of this week, if you don't feel good then go back to what you were doing. I think you will see a difference though.

    ReplyDelete