Wednesday, January 13, 2010

way too long

It has been way too long since I have posted last, but I am back! So much has been going on and my motivation has been lacking some since the holidays. BUT it is the new year and time for a new perspective on things and for a new body. I have joined another competition that starts Friday and I hope it will keep me motivated and moving! The rules are different in that if you lose 10% of your body weight, you will get a part of the prize money. So, as of this morning, that would mean that I have to lose 24.5 pounds in the 3 months in order to win. I think it is a hefty goal, but one that can be obtained if I work at it. I need to start exercising on a daily basis again and watch my food intake again. I got away from it for a little while and the scale shows it! I am back at 245 pounds, so I didnt gain a lot, but some it enough to make me feel bad. My problem is when I can fit the exercise in. I can't seem to be able to get up in the mornings before the kids to workout and I babysit some days, so I can't do it when the extra kids are here. So, that leaves the evenings and I really don't like my hubby watching me exercise. There isn't enough room in my bedroom to do any of my dvds....so I have to figure it all out. Maybe I'll make him and the kids go upstairs and watch TV in the evenings so I can exercise and be alone. I still have my monday night pilates classes and I can tell that they are helping and I can also tell that they are a little tougher when I don't do any other kinds of exercise during the week. Well, here's to a new start and hopefully my last 'start' on my weight loss journey. I know I have to make a lifestyle change, not go on a diet!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. That's exactly what you have to do, make it a lifestyle change. You can totally do this. If you lost a little over 8 pounds you could get your money back. Drink your water...ideally for your weight you should be getting around 120 oz a day. That's hard, but you can do it. And absolutely, send the hubby upstairs! If you let him in on this new lifestlye of yours, reminding him of the woman you will morph into once you're fit and healthy, he'll do anything to help you get there. You've got this. :o)

    ReplyDelete