Monday, March 29, 2010

INSANITY day 1

Ok, this is going to be hard!!! (of course it is! what was I thinkging?) I ordered a new program called 'Insanity' and it's going to be a journey for the next 2 months!! I just hope I can keep up with it and do well! Today is day 1 and I started the eating program and did the FIT TEST. Some of the food is stuff I would normally eat anyway, just gotta get the portions right. I need to get to the store to get a few things, but I have most of what I need already. It is supposed to be a way to eat for the rest of my life, so as long as I can eat some of my favorites foods in there too, it will be good.

The FIT TEST - well I watched the DVD Saturday night, just to see what it was all about and it looked pretty easy. Well....looks ARE deceiving!! I did it today while the kiddos were eating lunch and they came out and were watching and cheering me on! My nephew K, told me I had to 'Stay Strong' after Shaun T said it on the dvd. He said, "You have to stay strong, Aunt Risa." When I had to pause. It was a disaster! I didn't realize that I was THAT out of shape!!! The Fit Test has 8 moves on it and you are to do as many as you can in a minute. You are to retake the test every 2 weeks as a way to mark your progress. So here are today's STARTING results!

Switch Kicks - 56
Power Jacks - 30
Power Knees - 58
Power Jumps - 15
Globe Jumps - 6 (4 jumps = 1 rep)
Suicide Jumps - 6
Push-up Jacks - 4
Low Plank Oblique - 20

I was so freaking tired when I was done!! I was sweating up a storm and wanted to just lay down on the floor!! My legs are hurting already and I have Pilates class tonight!!!! So, that's where I stand today. Tomorrow I start with the exercise dvds and I am starting with 'Plyometric Carido Circuit.' I've never done Plyometrics, so I guess we will see what it's all about tomorrow! I took my weight and measurements today also, and I will post them later or tomorrow because I don't feel like getting up to get them right now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment