Wednesday, September 30, 2009

let's get started

Ok...so I'm going to do this! I have started this blog to help me to on my journey of health and fitness. I am in a competition on Weight Loss Wars and starting a new one Friday. I am excited to be in two competitions especially during the holiday season!!! I will really need it. I have lost 7 pounds in the 3 weeks the first competition started. I think it's not bad...but I could do better!! I'm doing ok with my eating (mostly) but I need to get more exercise in. I'm looking into the P90X system, but a little shaky about it. I know a few ladies that are doing it and waiting to see how they do before I get it and try the system. My current weight is 247 pounds and want to get down to 135-140 by next August, when I will be in a wedding of a good friend. I know I can do it with the support of my husband, family and online friends.

I hope that by blogging, I will be able to get out my frustrations this way instead of turning to food. I have two toddlers, so I can't just leave and take a walk when I get upset or frustrated...so this is going to be my outlet!!! I have been overweight for as long as I can remember. I was an overweight child, teenager and adult. I was losing weight and got into a size 14 when I met my husband and got pregnant. I had my son and then a year later, had my daughter. I had gained 60 pounds between the two pregnancies and didn't lose any of it. My kids are going to be 4 & 3 soon, and I weigh as much as I did when I gave birth to my daughter. I can't blame my children for my weight anymore! It's all my fault now. I have been sporatically exercising for years, but my eating has always been the issue. I woule eat when I wanted to, whatever I wanted to, even if I wasn't hungry. Sweets were and are my downfall. I love chocolate, pies, cookies, cheesecake, brownies....the list could go on, but you get the point! lol I am working right now on my sugar intake and it is hard!! I also have a caffeine addiction and drink Diet Mountain Dew...not the best thing..but working on breaking that too. It's soooo not easy!! So..here's to a new start and a brand new me!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Risa. I SO hear ya. We're close in weight...we can be buddies...encourage each other. As for the P90X, if I can do it, YOU can do it. It's awesome! I LOVE it. So does Jacqui (Pitbull).
    I am currently on day 106 of refined-sugar-free/gluten-free. Sugar was my enemy. It inflamed my body, I was in PAIN. There are so many healthy options that you can find at a health food store, that has 'cane sugar' not refined sugar, or is sweetened with Xylitol, or Stevia...and they taste good. I've been scouting out for a long time now, and I actually have some treats that I can indulge in (in moderation...they cost a lot) but if I feel a bit nibbly, I eat something that won't make my body feel crappy.
    I have faith in you. I know it's not easy. If it WERE easy, there wouldn't be any overweight people in the world. But together, with support systems, WLW, new friends, old friends, husbands, family, we can do it IF we put our minds to it. Mind Power. It's incredible.
    Have confidence...make a plan...and as Nike says "just do it!" :o)

    ReplyDelete